https://timely.collegepaperslab.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/College-logo-u-300x55.png 0 0 admin https://timely.collegepaperslab.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/College-logo-u-300x55.png admin2020-12-07 01:43:332020-11-25 06:33:26Week 5 Discussion 2
“Cost-Benefit Analysis” Please respond to the following:
- In a heavily debated City Council meeting, one year ago, Cobb County learned that by buying larger garbage trucks it could reduce labor cost for garbage removal. Note: All the dollar amounts below are in this year’s (present) dollars.
- The cost of the trucks today (one year later) is $400,000.
- The annual savings in this year’s dollars is $90,000.
- The trucks will last for four years and then will be sold for $100,000.
- The city can borrow money at a 7% discount rate to purchase the trucks.
- Inflation for the next four years is expected to average 3%.
- Assuming the cost and benefits are incurred at the end of the year, should the city buy the trucks?