week 3 discussion 2 due tomorrow at 10pm
Background: The Great Depression and World War II represented tumultuous years for Americans. From the widespread and appalling poverty of the Great Depression to the horror and excitement of World War II, Americans were forced to work together for the good of each other and the nation. The experiences of these years, both the good and the bad, forever changed the Americans who lived through them.
Required Sources: Choose one of the chapters from the Ashford University Library
- A Taste of Freedom. A Little Taste of Freedom: The Black Freedom Struggle in Claiborne County, Mississippi.
- Honor and humiliation. Hard times: An oral history of the great depression
- French Carpenter Clark. Womenâ€™s Diaries and Letters of the South: Country Women Cope with Hard Times: A Collection of Oral Histories.
- WWII: Breadlines to boomtimes in Films on Demand database.
Based on the oral history that you read and your textbook, consider the changes that the United States went through from the Great Depression through World War II. In your post, explain:
- At least three causes of the Great Depression and the New Deal responses to them.
- How the societal changes of this period affected individual Americans. Provide at least one example from the oral history that you read to support your points.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Your references and citations must be formatted APA style. Thanks