https://timely.collegepaperslab.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/College-logo-u-300x55.png 0 0 admin https://timely.collegepaperslab.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/College-logo-u-300x55.png admin2021-05-27 12:59:382021-05-27 12:59:38question if you would like 9
question if you would like 9
- Is the F-value for Levene’s Test for Equality of Variances significant (that is, is the p < .05)? What is the exact significance level? Note: if the Levene’s Test for Equality of Variances is significant, then equal variances cannot be assumed.
- Which t-value should you use now that you know whether or not equal variances can be assumed? What is that t-value?
- What is the two-tailed significance level for that t-value? State the exact significance value. Report the results of the t-test as follows: t(df value) = ___, and p-value.
- Is there a statistically significant difference between the price per 6-pack of regular beers versus reduced calorie beers?
In an essay of 250-500 words, thoroughly address the following items and respond to the related questions:
- Define the term standard deviation. Why is it important to know the standard deviation for a given sample? What do researchers learn about a normal distribution from knowledge of the standard deviation? A sample of n=20 has a mean of M = 40. If the standard deviation is s=5, would a score of X= 55 be considered an extreme value? Why or why not?
- Hypothesis testing allows researchers to use sample data, taken from a larger population, to draw inferences (i.e., conclusions) about the population from which the sample came. Hypothesis testing is one of the most commonly used inferential procedures. Define and thoroughly explain the terms null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis. How are they used in hypothesis testing?
- Define the term standard error. Why is the standard error important in research using sample distributions? Consider the following scenario: A random sample obtained from a population has a mean of Âµ=100 and a standard deviation of Ïƒ = 20. The error between the sample mean and the population mean for a sample of n = 16 is 5 points and the error between a sample men and population mean for a sample of n = 100 is 2 points. Explain the difference in the standard error for the two samples.
This is 2 different assignments and must be on 2 different papers