College Paper Lab
high school ela poetry assignments- College Paper Lab | collegepaperslab.com
THIS IS A 4 PART ASSIGNEMNT< NOT VERY COMPLICATED SINCE IT IS HIGH SCHOOL. PART 2 and 3 are all about the basketball POEM p 308. PLEASE REMEBER WRITE IT HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL NOT TO COMPLICATED
#1 CREATE A CATALOG POEM
Directions: Create a catalog poem of your own memorable experiences. Refer to the list of memorable childhood experiences you complied at the beginning of this activity.
Be sure to:
- Use imagery to create vivid sensory pictures.
- Experiment with forms of repetition and variation.
- Order your catalog of memories in a meaningful way.
- Create an illustration on the same slide or document to represent your catalog poem.
Create your poem on google docs or a google slide, upload into Canvas or email it to me.
You can use this later for one of your Poetry Anthology, you can insert your poem in the appropriate place in your poetry booklet. (attached is the list of childhood memories to use for it)
#2 Fast Break assignemnt
- Read a poem to understand how diction and imagery create effect and tone.
- Write a poem in the style of “Fast Break” that conveys appreciation of a favorite pastime ( what you do with your free time).
Directions: In your Springboard text or digital on page 307,
Read the following:
- Setting a Purpose for Reading. I would suggest that you underline verbs in the poems and circle unknown words. Also, highlight any basketball jargon that shows the poet is familiar with the sport.
- Annotate verbs and basketball jargon ( write notes about what it means).
- Verb- a word to convey an action, an occurrence, or a state of being. Example, Jacob walks in the morning. Verb-Walk- an action.
As you read the poem remember the diction in blue is usually on the side of the poem, defining the word.
- Read, About the Author. This will help you better understand the poem and help you answer the questions.
- Read “Fast Break” page 307-308.
- Answer questions 1 and 3
question 1: What is the effect of writing this poem as one long sentence.
question 2 : Why might the author have chosen to write this poem in couplets?
# 3 Poetry Table
Directions: in your Springboard book or digital on page 310 ( attached), complete table.
Answer the questions listed under the Literary Element and then go across to the Analysis side to answer the questions with evidence from the poem
# 4 free verse poem
Continuing with your google slides or poetry document-
- Write a free verse poem about a pastime you are passionate about. To begin, jot down some ideas. Then write your poem. Be sure :
- Consider carefully how you create line breaks in your free verse poem.
- Choose precise words (especially verbs to convey the activities of this pastime.
- Use specific diction and imagery to create an effect.
- Title your poem.
- Create an illustration for your poem.
- Upload your poem to Canvas or email me the poem.
- If you need more example of the terms or examples look under the Resource module.
Basketball would be an idea to write it about since I am passionate about it.
College Paper Lab – Check our website for more...
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW