ethics values and diversity in human services 2 3 paragraphs
- Review the ethical codes for the American Psychological Association, the American Counseling Association, and the National Organization for Human Services on the websites provided in this week’s Learning Resources. Compare the similarities and differences between these three codes of ethics.
- Select a human services-related situation or event, preferably one from your own community that is related to a specific population. This could be a local disaster (flood, apartment fire, major traffic accident), a story involving teenage drug use or another social concern related to an area school, concerns with homeless people in your area, or another situation or event that relates to a problem in living. Then think about how the problems of this situation or event were addressed.
- Finally, reflect on how ethics and values of the human services profession, as well as client diversity, wereâ€”or were notâ€”addressed in the event you have chosen.
- Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conducthttp://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx
The American Psychological Association (APA) code of ethics establishes enforceable rules and principles of ethics to which professionals in psychology must adhere.
- ACA Code of Ethicshttp://www.counseling.org/Resources/aca-code-of-ethics.pdf
This page provides ethical guidelines from the American Counseling Association.
- Council for Standards in Human Service Educationhttp://www.nationalhumanservices.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43
With these thoughts in mind:
write a 2-3 paragraph description of the human services situation or event you have chosen. Explain how ethics, values of the profession, and client diversity were – or were not – addressed in the event. Be specific and use examples to illustrate your points.