College Paper Lab
critique questions- College Paper Lab | collegepaperslab.com
I want you to critique 3 Sonnets, attached file has poems and comments of the instructor( just to give you an example about how she commented) please make sure to be detailed and not to be redundant. the other attached file is about poetic devices.
1-2 paragraph for each critique
Examine the poem more closely and briefly reflect upon poetic techniques/devices the poet employed to make this an engaging poem eg “voice”, “point of view”, “assonance”, “consonance”, “alliteration”, “enjambment”, “metaphor”, “meter”, “rhythm”, “stress”. Many of these techniques were discussed in the two chapters I assigned for reading this week. Make sure you quote from the poem to back up your discussions.
Follow critique rules (below):
- Answer the questions: â€œWhat are the poemâ€™s strengths?â€ and â€œWhat would help improve the poem?â€
- Pay attention to other classmatesâ€™ feedback so as not to be redundant.
- Be thoughtful, considerate, and constructive in your comments. Start with the positive comments first.
- Provide detailed feedback using the concepts and terms (rhyme, tone, humor, imagery) discussed in the course.
- Explain why the writing as a whole works for what it is trying to do, why it doesnâ€™t, or why some elements of it work while others donâ€™t.
- Don’t simply say, â€œI like thisâ€ or â€œI donâ€™t like this.â€
Your critique must be thoughtful, considerate, and constructive. I will be reading over them checking to see that they are thoughtful and constructive with the intent of improving the piece of writing. Instead of just saying, â€œI like thisâ€ or â€œI donâ€™t like this,â€ explain why the writing as a whole works for what it is trying to do or why it doesnâ€™t, or why some elements of it work while others donâ€™t. See â€œWorkshop Rulesâ€ for guidelines on returning these critiques.
College Paper Lab – Check our website for more...
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW