cis 111 diagram and 1 page paper must have microsoft visio to complete
MUST HAVE MICROSOFT VISIO to COMPLETE
APPENDIX A IS ATTACHED BELOW
Use â€œAppendix A: Designing Databases with Visio Professional: A Tutorial,â€ to help you complete Section 1: Visio Database Design. (Note: This tutorial focuses on the use of Microsoft Visio. Open source applications are not covered in Appendix A; however, the use of open source applications within labs is permitted.)
Use the scenario from Assignment 1: Business Rules and Data Models to complete the lab:
Suppose a local college has tasked you to develop a database that will keep track of students and the courses that they have taken. In addition to tracking the students and courses, the client wants the database to keep track of the instructors teaching each of the courses.
Section 1: Visio Diagram
(Microsoft Visio or equivalent)
1. Use Microsoft Visio (or open source equivalent) in which you:
a. Create a database diagram with the entities and attributes that the scenario identified (i.e., a college tracking students, courses, and instructors).
Section 1 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Submit the Visio diagram as a Visio file.
Section 2: Design Summary
(Microsoft Word or equivalent)
2. Write a one (1) page paper in which you:
a. Discuss the degree to which you believe the Visio diagram reflects the database design.
Section 2 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Submit the design summary as a Microsoft Word file.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.