Case Study of a Criminal Offender
In this assignment, you will continue your examination of one of the following high-profile criminal cases (which you began in the second discussion in Unit 6):
USE ANDREA YATES
In this assignment, the focus moves to the fact that all three used the insanity defense. One of the key aspects of these criminal cases involves the inclusion of psychological evaluations or diagnoses used during the criminal justice process.
Also, in this assignment, you will apply the facts as you have learned them from various resources to reach your own conclusions about the verdicts of these trials.
In your paper:
- Analyze how psychological assessments or evaluations were used in the criminal proceedings.
- Describe your reaction to the court verdict and if you agree or disagree with the final disposition. If you agree, make sure that you thoroughly defend that position. If you do not agree, include what you believe would be the appropriate verdict and use appropriate critical reasoning.
- Support your agreement or disagreement with examples from the offender’s history, referring to course materials as well as a minimum of two external sources beyond the assigned articles. You may use journal articles, books, credible Web sites, and newspaper articles to support your explanation.
Be sure you review the Case Study of a Criminal Offender â€“ Part 2 Scoring Guide to ensure that you have met all the criteria for this assignment.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- References: A minimum of three references.
- Length of paper: 4-6 pages typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.